Monday, June 21, 2010

How long did it take you to find your ';perfect shades'; in eyeshadow/blush/etc?

I know all women are always on hte search for their perfect makeup. How long did it take you to find what works best for you? What helped you?How long did it take you to find your ';perfect shades'; in eyeshadow/blush/etc?
To really find your true ';perfect shade'; go by the tone of your skin or colour of your hair. Using Mocha colors when your a brunette often compliment you the best. or you could go get a make-up consulat at M.A.C or Sephora. I learned from watching a show called Look-A-Like or What not to wear they often talk about proper ways to apply make-up or what suits you best. It took me awhile before I really figured out the palette's or techniques that worked the best.How long did it take you to find your ';perfect shades'; in eyeshadow/blush/etc?
The one thing that helped me was understanding the difference between warm and cool tones.





I have warm-toned skin (yellow undertones, as opposed to cool-toned skin which has pink undertones). Now I know to look for colours that are warm, or which have warm undertones. For example, if I am looking for a red lipstick, I choose one that is a warm red (orangey red) rather than a cool red (pinky red).





I learned about colours while doing a degree in graphic design (which had nothing to do with makeup at all!). But once I figured that out, it became much easier to choose flattering colours.
Eyeshadow is a bit of challenge, but I found a few that are really great for my brown eyes. You have to experiment with different colors. Example: I figured out blue makes me look old. Blush was really easy, I have only bought one color of blush since I started wearing makeup and it was great. I just picture what i would look like on my skin. For foundations, I tried some out on my neck and whichever matched the best, I bought, although I don't wear it anymore since summer's around the corner. Lipgloss, I stick to natural usually. Darkish pink, light pink, or clear. I have red gloss but it's not so popular in my makeup routine. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment