Monday, June 21, 2010

Which kind of blush should I use in winter?

I have typical combination skin during summer, but as winter comes, it becomes dry and acne-prone. I am using a powder blush but it keeps drying my cheeks (and the color does not suit me; I should make a wiser investment this time). I am thinking of trying Maybelline mousse blush, but I'm afraid it would clog pores (according to some reviews I've read). Can you give me any suggestion?Which kind of blush should I use in winter?
Do a little research and see if you can find another kind of cream or gel blush ... I know other brands make them (perhaps not many other drugstore brands though) but unfortunately I don't know the brands off the top of my head. I've also seen products called ';cheek tints'; or ';cheek and lip tints'; which are a sheer gel that can be used as a blush or lip color.





Or better yet, try mineral makeup. ';Real'; mineral makeup, not the drugstore stuff that just mixes minerals with traditional makeup ingredients. Mineral makeup is much healthier for your skin and is suitable for all skintypes. My personal favorite brand is Aromaleigh (www.aromaleigh.com) and they have a HUGE selection of blushes -- try the Pure Blush for a very sheer coverage, or Pure Rouge or Sonic Rocks for more color. Or do a Google search for ';mineral makeup'; -- there are a ton of brands out there today!





Since mineral makeup normally comes in a loose powder form, you can also mix it with moisturizer to create your own cream blush!





Also make sure you are using a moisturizer before applying mu, and perhaps again in the evening if your skin is really dry. Use a moisturizer labeled ';won't clog pores'; or ';noncomedogenic.'; Cetaphil moisturizing cream is excellent -- my dermatologist recommended it for my acne-prone skin, and it even helps reduce the very dry skin my husband gets from eczema, but it is VERY thick so you'll want to let it dry a while before you apply mu! I'm sure there are other brands you can try too.





Good luck!Which kind of blush should I use in winter?
Light Reflect


Icy Reflect for Eyes, Lips, Cheeks











This unique all-in-one gel-textured makeup provides an icy effect that lights up the eyelids, cheeks and lips with versatile, mysterious tints. Its water-based texture moisturizes gently for a deliciously pearly makeup appearance鈥 flash of light!
I recommend a few things for this problem:





- overall, the blush you should use is Clinique OR Neutrogena blush. it goes on light and smooth and gives you are pretty color.





- to prevent your face from drying out, just in general since it is getting cold out, use any neutrogena face wash, preferably either the one with invigorating microbeads or the citrus one. they feel real good and moisturize your face without giving it an oily acne causing feel.





- buy another face wash with sylicone acid or on-the-spot neutrogena pimple cream for when you get breakouts.





- buy rosebud salve, it is great for everything. you can put it on dry skin anywhere, and it works great for little dry patches on your face. it also is great for lips and makes the natural red come out of them!





- so go to CVS or a department store like Nordstroms' makeup section and buy Neutrogena blush or Clinque blush, they have great color variety's.
Try a mineral based blush in a cool pinkish color for winter rather than the bronze that is used in the summer. The mineral have mica which will reflect light and allow your skin to breath at the same time.
Make sure to use lots of moisturizer for your face :) I hate the moose blushes because they look really fake. Go to a cosmetics counter like clinique, and talk to a person there. Most of their products are hypo-allergenic and should be non-drying. I love the blush ';aglow'; because it looks natural on most skin types.
use soft colours!
Try a cream as a moisturizer instead of a lotion. During the winter months I switch from a lotion to a cream. Try a mineral blush it wont clogs pores and looks great. Neutrogena has nice ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment