Saturday, November 28, 2009

Is a Blush Wine too sweet to cook with?

I have a delicious blush wine made from Muscadine grapes that I bought at a local winery I visited recently. I bought a case and love to drink it but wanted to experiment with it as well. Is it ok to use a kind of sweet wine to cook with? I was thinking maybe a creamy garlic wine sauce with pasta??? Any other suggestions?Is a Blush Wine too sweet to cook with?
Dry white wines are much better. I'd stay away from cooking with Blush at all costs. It would probably be a big waste of food!Is a Blush Wine too sweet to cook with?
The mistake a lot of people make is thinking they can use liquor store wine to cook with. Those are designed for drinking, not cooking.





I use cooking wine for cooking.





My suggestion would be to experiment with it (since you have a case) and see if it is to your taste.





Not everyone has taste for the same things.
I like sweet chicken (i use fruit when marinating chicken sometimes, maybe you could pan fry chicken with some wine, oil and soy sauce, serve over rice like chinese style?


I would just probably stick to the drinking it though.
YES ... it's too sweet to cook with! .... maybe (a BIG maybe) you could use it in a dessert sauce, but that's about it..... It's basically a ';party'; wine

No comments:

Post a Comment