Saturday, November 28, 2009

What is the difference between a natural blush and having rosacea?

I have this slight redness in my upper cheeks and I went to my doctor and she said that it wasn't rosacea and she wouldn't refer me to a derm. My evil sister loves to make fun of me and call me..and I quote ';a rosacea faced *****.'; My parents, family and friend seem to think it's a natural blush. It's not REALLY REALLY RED, but noticeable up close. Can anyone tell me the difference between a natural blush and rosacea? And how I could reduce the redness? I have no acne. Thanks! And i'm 17.What is the difference between a natural blush and having rosacea?
Hi





it is very hard to clearly distinguish as rosacea can be varied from very very mild to quite agressive and therefore the symptoms vary too





There is an excellent website that has pictures of the different severities to help you compare your condition to the subjects..


http://www.rosacea.org/patients/faces.ph鈥?/a>





If it looks to you that you do have rosacea, go back to your doctor and get a second opinion. Be assertive, yet courteous.





Whether you have rosacea or a natural blush, it seems you have a problem with people close to you making you feel uncomfortable.





You can buy very lightly green tinted moisturisers which mellow any redness ( without making you look like shrek!) No 7 do a good one.





I've learned the hard way that if we let them there will always be people who make us feel small, or in some way not good enough. Its very easy to say, but very hard to do - to celebrate being you and like yourself, little flaws and all. When you can do this, your self confidence grows.





Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment